Nearly fifty percent of this firm′s trial and appellate litigation involves the resolution of corporate and commercial disputes. Our practice varies from the most complex
commercial cases to simple contract disputes. The firm′s commercial clientele includes Fortune 500 companies, small and middle-sized companies, and private individuals.
Regular litigation clients include Flagler Development Group, Codina Development Inc.,and Florida East Coast Properties, Inc.
The firm handles commercial cases under both hourly and contingency arrangements. We employ experienced paralegal and support staff to assist the lawyers in order to
ensure cost efficient handling of these cases. In addition, the firm has developed and implemented an advanced, computerized litigation support system to deal with the
voluminous documents usually associated with complex commercial litigation.
A sampling of major commercial cases handled during the past five years includes:
In addition to the areas mentioned, our commercial practice includes securities litigation; business torts; trademark and patent infringement; employment law; lender liability; attorney
and accountant malpractice; and director and officer liability.
- defense before the United States Supreme Court (and in intermediate trial and appellate courts) of a challenge to the personal jurisdiction conferred under a standard
franchise agreement utilized nationwide by a Fortune 500 company;
- a multi–million dollar punitive and compensatory damage award obtained for a local banking client against a corporate banking customer engaged in fraudulent wire transfers;
- the successful representation of several major investors in a proxy battle for control of a large locally–based banking institution;
- a multi–million dollar verdict, including punitive and compensatory damages, obtained for an independent insurance agent whose exclusive agency relationship was wrongfully
terminated by a major insurance provider;
- prosecution of securities and racketeering claims by a group of minority shareholders against entrenched management in a local savings and loan;
- defense of employee wrongful discharge, Title VII and ADEA claims for a major local developer;
- defense of several Big Six Accounting firms in accounting malpractice cases.
- defense of a high media profile tortious interference claim involving well known boxing promoters and a world champion boxer.