The annual recognition focuses on exemplary achievements by Florida lawyers in 2017.
By Catherine Wilson
The Daily Business Review is announcing honorees for its 2018 Professional Excellence Awards in recognition of exemplary work by attorneys in the legal profession and the community in 2017.
An event set for May 30 at the Rusty Pelican in Miami will welcome all the winners, and the Attorney of the Year will be announced from among the three finalists.
Special reports will be published on May 7 and May 21 to profile the honorees and elaborate on the work that warranted recognition.
ATTORNEY OF THE YEAR
Broadly, the recognition honors attorneys who produced a notable impact on the law and the legal profession or did the most to advance the cause of justice in the previous year.
- Jaret Davis, Greenberg Traurig
- Peter Prieto, Podhurst Orseck
- Walter Andrews, Hunton & Williams
ON THE RISE
Always a competitive category, honorees are recognized for wielding influence and showing expertise in their practice areas and committing themselves to pro bono, charitable and professional volunteer work. One overriding condition is that the lawyers must be under age 40 as of Jan. 1, 2018.
- Lara Bach, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- Shahrzad Emami, Legal Services of Greater Miami
- Pedro Gassant, Holland & Knight
- John Cody German, Cole, Scott & Kissane
- Andrew Gordon, Hinshaw & Culbertson
- Eddie Holiday, Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office
- Andrew Ittleman, Fuerst Ittleman
- Jason Joffe, Squire Patton Boggs
- Wilnar Julmiste, AndersonGlenn
- Michael Kissner, Broad and Cassel
- Adriana Kostencki, Berger Singerman
- W. Mason, Fox Rothschild
- Melissa McDavitt, Conroy Simberg
- Victor Petrescu, Levine Kellogg Lehman Schneider + Grossman
- Michael Pineiro, Marcus Neiman & Rashbaum
- Karen Poy, K&L Gates
- Shani Rivaux, Pillsbury
- Ryan Roman, Akerman
- Marina Ross, Greenspoon Marder
- Erica Rutner, Lash & Goldberg
- Fausto Sanchez, Diaz Reus
- Jeffrey Wank, Kelley Kronenberg
- Jamie Wasserman, Shutts & Bowen
- Matthew Weinshall, Podhurst Orseck
- Lauren Whetstone, Greenberg Traurig