Florida Securities Litigation Lawyer
Publicly traded companies are always at risk of private securities lawsuits and other enforcement actions. The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, passed in 2010, has increased the level of scrutiny placed on business and investor activity. The Act has elevated the potential for investigation, enforcement actions and litigation. Podhurst Orseck, P.A., represents a vast array of clients in securities matters, including business executives, directors, boards of directors, accountants, lawyers and shareholders.
The firm routinely defends leading corporations and financial institutions in securities class action and other complex securities litigation. We have extensive experience representing clients in state and federal court in the following types of matters:
- Federal securities litigation
- Shareholder derivative litigation
- Mergers and acquisition litigation
- Regulatory enforcement actions
- Securities class actions
- Securities enforcement
- Director liability
- Internal investigations
- Corporate governance disputes
- Broker-dealer litigation
Our lawyers have garnered an international reputation for achieving results. Despite our longstanding reputation, our firm has been able to successfully maintain the same structure since its formation nearly 50 years ago.
Recent Securities Litigation Highlights
Podhurst Orseck, P.A., has made the National Law Journal’s Litigation Hot List and has a proven track record in securities litigation. Recent highlights include:
- Representing a key executive of the largest private equity investor in the $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme orchestrated by Scott Rothstein in several, related commercial litigation matters and federal government civil and criminal investigations.
- Handling a $40 million federal securities action against a large pharmaceutical company on behalf of its former Vice Chairman.